Semrush is an amazing product. But with 3 price plans, which is best for you? In this article, we help you choose the best plan to fit your business needs and aspirations as we take a detailed look at Semrush Pro vs Guru vs Business. We also give you Free SEMrush trials!
Welcome to Semrush Pro Vs Guru Vs Business, as we unpack the various Semrush pricing plans.
In this article, we help you choose the best plan to fit your business needs and aspirations as we take a detailed look at Semrush Pro vs Guru vs Business.
But first, for the benefit of those who may not know, what is Semrush? What is Semrush used for? And why all the fuss?
What is Semrush and What is Semrush used for?
In a moment, we will tell you all about SEMrush.
But first, some amazing news just for you…
We’ve partnered with Semrush to give you a FREE 14 Day trial of the amazing Semrush software.
Simply click on the image below to activate your free trial.
What is Semrush?
Semrush is the best all-in-one search tool for keyword research, domain analytics, competitive analysis, position tracking and much more. It is an extremely versatile tool for digital marketing, competitive research, and more.
Semrush is recognized worldwide as the best SEO suite and has won multiple awards including the 2019 US Search Awards, 2019 MENA Search Awards and the 2019 SEMY Awards.
Semrush in numbers:
- 6,000,000 users
- 20,009,888,995 keywords
- 801,707,261 domains
- 30,072,000,000,000 backlinks
- 45 tools and reports
- 142 geo databases (desktop/mobile)
Semrush is the all-inclusive suite for managing your marketing workflow. And just to give you a flavour, this is what the Semrush dashboard looks like:
As you can imagine for a market leading software, the Semrush dashboard is very well laid out.
And here is the fascinating part.
You can get a gigantic (cue ginormous) amount of data on any of the over 801 million domains in their database.
There is a ton of information at your finger tips, including authority score, organic search traffic and paid search traffic. Other information readily available are backlinks profile, keywords by country, traffic trend and lots more.
What is Semrush used for?
Semrush is an SEO and marketing tool. You can trust Semrush to conduct your keyword research and track the keyword strategy used by your competitors. It can also run an SEO audit of your website and help you find opportunities for building backlinks and lots more.
More of What Semrush is used for – The Semrush Toolkits
Semrush has an array of snazzy and amazing toolkits. We will now take a quick look at them.
The SEO Toolkit provides a complete workflow package for every SEO professional. This Toolkit enables you to run a technical SEO of any website, track your daily rankings, analyze any domain’s backlinks profile, research millions of keyword ideas and much more.
Competitive Research Toolkit
With the Competitive Research Toolkit, you can gain insights into your competitor’s strategies. With the Toolkit, you can analyze any website’s traffic, have a global overview of the competition’s marketing strategy from every possible angle.
Content Creation Toolkit
The Content Creation Toolkit is another amazing tool that helps you to create content that drives amazing marketing results. With this Toolkit, you can easily find content ideas that your audience will love, gives a tailored template for creating content that’s SEO-friendly, audit your existing content to identify what needs improvement, check the quality of your content and optimize it in real time, and much more.
With Semrush Pro vs Guru in mind, it is worth mentioning that the Content Creation Toolkit is only available on the Guru price plan.
Social Media Toolkit
The Social Media Toolkit is a fantastic tool that is designed to help you build an effective social media strategy. With this Toolkit, you can manage existing social media campaigns and create new ones, create and manage ads on Facebook and Instagram, analyze your competition across different social media channels, optimize your post images and links and much more.
Another Toolkit worth mentioning is the Advertising Toolkit. The snazzy Toolkit is designed to move your pay per click (PPC) efforts to the next level. With this tool, you can uncover the paid search and GDN strategies of any domain, monitor the competition’s ad copies and landing pages, identify keywords for a PPC campaign and much more.
Semrush is trusted by 6 million internet marketers and SEO experts all over the world. It is also used by a number of businesses, big and small including Ebay, Quora, Booking.com, HP and many more.
How Much Does Semrush Cost?
Semrush is a subscription based software. You can either pay monthly or annually.
Semrush Pro Vs Guru Vs Business – Semrush Monthly Plans
Here is a quick overview of the various Semrush pricing plans. Semrush currently has three standard monthly subscriptions starting at the following prices:
- Pro – $129.95
- Guru – $249.95
- Business – $499.95
All three main plans – Pro, Guru and Business are recurring subscriptions. This means that they automatically renew and bill on the same calendar day of each month.
Semrush Annual Plans
Semrush also offer annual subscriptions to help fit your business and budget needs and aspirations.
With an annual plan, you are guaranteed a saving of 16%. Plus you also get at least one introductory training session on the Pro and Guru plans.
If you sign up for an annual plan on the Business pricing level, you will receive:
- A welcome call,
- An introductory training,
- A 90 day onboarding plan,
- Onboarding emails,
- Quarterly training; and
- 3 quarterly email reviews
These quarterly training sessions will basically walk you through everything you need to know about the Semrush software, to help you to get the most return on your investment.
Semrush Pro Vs Guru Vs Business – Try Semrush FREE For 14 Days
We’ve partnered up with Semrush to give you 14 days free access to the Semrush software. This is our Semrush 14 day free trial gift to you. We want to help take both you and your business to the next level.
Simply click the image below to activate your Semrush free trial.
Semrush Pro Vs Guru Vs Business
Semrush Pro is the beginning pricing plan. The Pro pricing plan is ideal for freelancers, startups and in-house marketers with limited budget. It is also perfect for beginner or intermediate bloggers or webmasters working to a limited budget.
Semrush Pro retails for $129.95 per month. With a Pro account, you can do everything from backlink analysis, competitor analytics, keyword research to domain analytics and site audit.
Semrush Pro Features
A standard Pro subscription pricing plan grants all of the basic Semrush tools for specialists with a limited budget.
- Projects: 3
- Position Tracking: 500 keywords, updated daily
- Local CPC and search volume data in PPC Keyword Tool
- Site Audit: 100,000 pages per month
- Social Media profiles: track 50, post to 10
- On Page SEO Checker: recommendations for 500 keyword units per month
- Domain and Keyword Analytics: 10,000 results per report, 3,000 reports per day
- Schedule PDF Reports: 5
- Readability check in SEO Writing Assistant
The Semrush Guru price plan is for SMB and growing marketing agencies who want more from the Semrush software.
It retails at $249.95 per month.
Semrush Guru Features
A Guru subscription provides extended limits, all the features of the Pro plan, plus:
- Historical data – Having only live analytical data is not always enough to make educated decisions, so our Guru and higher-level subscribers can explore our database archives, which go back as far as January 2012.
- Multi targeted Tracking – To get the whole picture, businesses with an extensive online presence have to monitor it with precise targeting (combination of location, device, and language). Starting from the Guru subscription you can track a website’s search visibility across multiple devices and locations within a single campaign.
- Schedule PDF Reports: 20 (including branded PDFs)
- Projects: 15
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 30,000 results per report, 5000 reports per day
- Position Tracking: 1,500 keywords, updated daily
- Site Audit: 300,000 pages per month
- Social Media profiles: track 100, post to 30
- On Page SEO Checker: recommendations for 800 keyword units per month
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 30,000 results per report, 5,000 reports per day
- Brand Monitoring: historical data – 6 months, 5 locations, track 3 keywords in a project, option to add and exclude keywords, sentiment analysis, statistics report, filtering and export of data, data sources – Web, Forums, Twitter, Instagram
- Content Audit: 20,000 pages to audit
- Post Tracking: 50 URLs
- Marketing Calendar: 1 calendar, unlimited collaborators (sharing)
- Topic Research: no limits
- SEO Content Template: number of keywords to add based on your SEO ideas units
- SEO Writing Assistant: number of keywords based on your SEO Ideas Units, 5 plagiarism checks, tone of voice check
The business pricing plan is perfect for agencies, E-commerce projects and businesses with extensive web presence. It includes all the Semrush Guru features plus much more.
The business price plan sells for $499.95 per month.
Semrush Business Features
The Semrush Business subscription clients get all of the Semrush Guru features plus the following additional features:
- API access – Choose the way you get Semrush data. Extract the information that is relevant to you, and integrate it into any kind of user interface, application, widget, or dashboard.
- White-label PDF – Remove any Semrush mentions and add your own branding to create clean and professional reports.
- Product Listing Ads Research – Optimize your Google Shopping campaigns with Semrush PLA data.
- “Read-only” sharing – If the number of people involved in your projects keeps growing, you can start restricting editing rights.
- AMP checks in Site Audit – Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is a great way to provide a mobile-friendly experience, and our Site Audit will ensure you’ve implemented it correctly.
- CPC Map – comparison option by country, region or industry and export feature
- Extended Display Advertising analysis
- Projects: 25
- Position Tracking: 5,000 keywords
- Site Audit: 1,000,000 pages per month
- Social Media profiles: track 300, post to 50
- Schedule PDF Reports: 50
- On Page SEO Checker: recommendations for 2,000 keyword units per month
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 50,000 results per report, 10,000 reports per day
- Marketing Calendar: unlimited number of calendars, sharing with read-only mode, sharing a link to a person without SEMrush account
- SEO Writing Assistant: 10 plagiarism checks
Semrush Pro Vs Guru – Quick Comparison
There are many differences between Semrush Pro vs Guru.
However, the major difference between Semrush Pro vs Guru is that with Semrush Guru, you get the historical data feature. The historical data feature of the Semrush Guru pricing plan allows you to check the past data for any of your queries.
Historical data allows you to see past data on any query you enter within Semrush. The Semrush database goes back as far as January 2012.
On the other hand, with Semrush pro, you don’t have access to past data. You can only see the Semrush live data for your queries, and this can be accessed through the Live Data box in the top right of your given report.
Semrush Pro vs Guru vs Business FAQ
This Semrush Pro vs Guru vs Business guide would be incomplete without an FAQ section. You agree, don ‘t you?
#1- Is Semrush Pro Worth it?
It depends. If you’re just an amateur blogger, blogging purely out of passion and without a desire to make money online, then please don’t buy the Semrush Pro subscription plan. You don’t need it.
However, if you intend to make your blog a successful business then Semrush subscription is a must. And the Pro plan is the right choice for you, as it can give you crucial info about your niche, your competitors, and how to navigate the waters until your business becomes a success story.
#2- Is Semrush Expensive?
Semrush plans might seem expensive at first glance, particularly to a novice marketer. But once you realize the value of the entire Semrush toolset (40+ tools) you understand that it’s actually pretty cheap.
The truth is the pricing could have been much higher and it would be justified based on what users get with Semrush.
#3- Which is Better, Ahrefs or Semrush?
Ahrefs and Semrush have comparable backlink indices and when it comes to backlink research they stand neck to neck.
In all areas where Semrush and Ahrefs compete, Semrush is better, plus they offer a bunch of tools that Ahrefs doesn’t. So pricing is roughly the same but the value is greater with getting a Semrush subscription.
Wrapping Up – Semrush Pro Vs Guru Vs Business
Semrush is the leading SEO and marketing tool for SEOs and marketing professionals.
Knowledge is power.
And I hope that by providing a detailed comparison of Semrush pro vs guru vs business, we have given you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
If you’re not already one of the 6 million happy Semrush users, why not take advantage of the free offer?
Yes, we have partnered up with Semrush to give you Semrush Pro free for 14 days.
Disclosure of material connection