Quick question. Do you know how to earn money through blogging?
It’s one of the greatest irritations experienced by bloggers and affiliate marketers. Knowing there are bloggers like you who not only know how to earn money through blogging or how to earn from blogging, but who actually make money blogging. But your blog is not making sense of cents.
That’s right. You’ve never even made a cent from your blog, yet you hear of people blogging for a living. And you keep asking yourself: Can you really make money blogging? How do I get rich blogging? How do you make money blogging?
In this article, I will show you how I’ve made money blogging, how to earn money through blogging and how to earn from blogging. Because I am being rather generous, I will also show you how to blog for money, how to get paid for blogging, how to make money from your blog, and the basics of how to make money blogging in 2020 and beyond.
How To Earn From Blogging- All Blog Niches Are Equal But Some Niches Are More Equal Than Others
That’s right. Believe or not, there are some niches where monetizing a blog hardly works. No matter what you do…there’s no traffic and no profit. Nothing to show for your hard work. It doesn’t really matter what you do.
On the other hand, there are niches where it’s a lot easier to make money. These are:
- Niches where the traffic is limitless
- Those niches not dominated by huge companies with massive budgets
- Niches where people just like you are making passive income
- Some niches where even a beginner can stand out and break through the noise.
I will show you how to identify these profitable niches.
A Must Read For Anyone Involved In Affiliate Marketing.
I recommend you read this book thoroughly right away, more than once even!Russell Brunson
However, before we go any further, a note of caution, if I may.
Your goal shouldn’t just be blogging for money. I think your primary goal should be to offer insane value to your readers or your tribe. Because of this, I believe that every blogger should first learn the basics of how to start a blog and blog better, before then going to learn how to make money online. Start by learning tips for good blogging. You could have a mentor and get advice for starting a blog. Think of topics such as blogging basics 101, how to start a blog, how to blog, how to blog successfully, blogging tips and tricks, blog writing tips for beginners, wordpress blogging for beginners and good blog topics for beginners etc.
Essentially, what I am saying is this.
Never Stop Improving As A Blogger
Do you really want to know how to earn money through blogging? Then seek to become better at blogging. You must never stop improving as a blogger because no matter how good you are as a blogger, there’s always room for improvement.
At Astute Copy Blogging, we genuinely want you to thrive as a blogger. We have the expertise, tools and resources to help you earn enough recurring income from your blog, so you can quit your day job, escape the 9 to 5 trap and live the life of your dreams.
As your blogging skills improve, the next level will be immersing yourself into how to make money from a new blog, how to make money blogging, how to start a blog for free and make money or even how to make money as a wordpress developer! You can also check out some of these resources to help you generate blogging income: how to make money with a blog for beginners pdf, how to make money with a blog for beginners youtube, how to make money with a blog for beginners quora and how to make money with wordpress reddit.
In terms of books, consider the following: the best books about blogging, books on blogging for beginners, top 10 book blogs, best books for starting a blog, best blogging books and any good book on blogging.
Need more traffic to your website or funnel?
New FREE BOOK Shows 20+ Virtually UNKNOWN Secrets To Get Tons Of Traffic To *Any* Website or Funnel…
Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook For Filling Your Website and Funnels
With Your Dream Customers…
How Do Bloggers Earn Money Through Blogging?
Let’s jump right into how to earn money through blogging.
“How hard is it to make money blogging?…”
While you may not get rich blogging, it is not that hard or difficult to make money blogging.
Bloggers generally earn money by:
- Selling your own products and services… or
- Promoting other people’s products… or
- Creating value-based content online… or
- Depending on sales commissions… or
- Doing all of the above…
I will unpack each of these points shortly.
To earn money through blogging, you must have at least 4 key elements.
The 4 Keys to Generating Blogging Income
- You need great content that is engaging, informative and, perhaps, entertaining. You may wish to consider blog topics that make the most money, high demand blog topics, and the most popular blog topics.
- Your blog must be in a profitable niche, with a focus on the types of blogs that make money. I.e. the blog niches that make money. This you can easily get from a blog niche list. Think: “what type of blogs make the most money?”
- You need targeted web traffic. Almost 100 billion searches are made on Google for services, content and products every month. And Google and the other search engines are sending millions of visitors to the top money making blogs every day.
- A targeted email list is a requirement. Without an email list of engaged subscribers, you will struggle to maximize your full earning potential as a blogger. If there is one thing that business, content, and conversion rate experts agree upon, it is that building an email list is vital. According to a survey by Econsultancy, agency professionals and in-house marketers worldwide are in agreement about email’s effectiveness.
This is hardly surprising as nearly every person in the world has an email address. There are presently over 3.7 billion email users worldwide (three-quarters of which are consumer accounts), and this figure is expected to grow to over 4.1 billion by year-end 2021. These figures are billions, my friend. Billions, not millions! These figures make the potential with email unbelievably limitless!
Here is the bitter truth that the top bloggers know about how to make money writing a blog and how to earn from blogging. Without any one of these 4 elements, your blog will not be a cash cow. By this I mean your blog will not generate any blogging income.
How To Earn Money Through Blogging
The reality is you can make blogging a career by starting a blog for income. You just need to know how to start a blog and make money.
To walk the talk, I will now show you how to become a paid blogger.
Here are my top 5 ways to earn money through blogging. This is in answer to the questions, “how to earn money through blogging, how to earn from blogging, how do bloggers make money, how do bloggers earn income from blogging, and how do blogs generate income?” Stay with me, because I will not only show you how to earn money through blogging, but also how to make money off your blog.
If you’re ready, this is how to become a paid blogger…
#1: How To Earn From Blogging – Promote Affiliate Products You Trust
Affiliate marketing is a time-honored, timeworn and time-tested income-generation strategy with three amazing benefits:
- It allows you to maintain and strengthen your audience’s hard-won trust in your brand,
- You do not need to reinvent the wheel. No need to invest time and energy creating products of your own.
- You make money from the people you recommend.
With affiliate marketing you generate an income by recommending market-tested products you already know and trust. Products you know your tribe will benefit from.
It doesn’t cost your readers anything more, and you earn a commission whenever one of them buys the product or service you’re recommending.
Affiliate marketing works by adding tracked affiliate links into the text of your blog. You then make a commission every time somebody clicks through to a site you recommend and makes a purchase.
Affiliate marketing is a natural fit for bloggers of all niches, and with almost all online eCommerce websites having an affiliate program of some sort, the potential for passive income is limitless.
The key is to be honest and genuine with affiliate marketing. Always offer your honest opinion and only recommend products and services that you can use.
Affiliate products can be a fantastic way of earning passive income.
Every time you use affiliate links in a blog post or an article, Federal Trade Commission requires you to display a clear disclosure about the nature of your affiliate links and the material connection you have with our company. To comply with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”, your disclosures must appear on the same page where the links appear, and they must be clear, conspicuous, and require no additional user interaction to read (such as clicking a link, scrolling or hovering over an element).
#2 How To Blog For A Living – Write an eBook
As a blogger, you could convert one of your blog posts into an ebook. Selling ebooks is a fantastic blog monetization technique. Ebooks offer a lot of benefits:
- You can build your authority as an expert with ebooks
- ebooks can be sold on multiple platforms including Amazon (the kindle), Google, Kobo etc
- Your ebooks can become great sources of passive income
Here’s the process you can follow to write an ebook:
- Choose a topic. Then either convert one of your blog posts by adding more material or simply write something new. But make sure it is what your readers want to learn, but which can’t be taught in a single blog post.
- Next, create an outline. This will help organize your ideas as you write.
- Set yourself deadlines.
- Now write. It is recommended that you block out time each day to write. In terms of writing to a deadline, I can’t think of a better tip than Brian Clark’s 10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer. He says:
Write even more.
Write even more than that.
Write when you don’t want to.
Write when you do.
Write when you have something to say.
Write when you don’t.
Write every day.
- Hire a professional editor to edit your manuscript.
- Transfer it to a good looking ebook template.
- Make sure to get a professionally designed cover. I suggest you pay someone on Fiverr to do it for you. Remember that people always judge a book by its cover.
- Get a 3D image of your ebook.
- Choose your platform.
#3. Get Paid To Blog – Write Sponsored Posts
The products you see at major sporting events on TV and in blogs are not there by accident. They are carefully placed as a form of marketing. Examples include the water bottles displayed at tennis tournaments. These products placements can help increase sales of a particular item. As a blogger, it is way to monetize your blog.
This is probably more common with fashion, lifestyle or travel blogs. As a travel blogger, a holiday company may decide to send you to a particular holiday destination all expenses paid in exchange for a review. You will essentially travel the world and get paid!
So what exactly is product placement in relation to a blog? This is when a blogger receives something in exchange for showcasing an item in a blog post. Unlike traditional online ads, which are typically placed in the headers or sidebars, product placements appear as content. They usually appear in the form of product reviews or giveaway promotions.
To find product placement opportunities, you need to produce great content and be regarded as an authority or expert in your field. You must also be prepared to start small.
#4. How To Earn Money Through Blogging For Beginners – Add Banner Adverts to Your Website
If you’re a beginner, banner adverts maybe the way to go. You can simply register with Google Adsense and add ads between posts as a to monetize your blog. AdSense is a program run by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google. According to Google, “millions of advertisers compete for your ad space. That means more money, more relevant ads, and more ad spaces filled.”
I personally don’t like those banner ads because some of them are simply tacky and very irritating. However, I wouldn’t hold that against you especially as a beginner because when you’re just starting out as a blogger, monetizing a blog can be challenging. And it can be very overwhelming.
In addition, you can sell banner advertising space on your blog page to brands who relate to your readers.
Adverts can be placed anywhere, but they’re commonly found across the top of blog pages or in the sidebar.
You can earn income in one of two ways. CPC (cost per click) is where you’re paid a fixed amount for every reader who clicks the advert, while CPM (cost per mile) means you’ll receive a fixed payment for every one thousand visitors who see the advertisements.
#5. How To Make Blogging Profitable – Create and Sell Your own Products.
Creating your own products is probably the most profitable way to make money blogging. But generating an income from your own products requires time, energy, and a clear sense of what your tribe wants and needs.
If you can hack it, here are things you could create:
- Graphics & digital art
- Online courses
If you’re really serious about launching a new product this year, a group coaching program, an online training program or maybe even a new business, then you need to meet Jeff Walker.
That’s because Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula (PLF) is a proven, step-by-step process that shows you exactly how to launch a product in precise detail. It shows you exactly what to do every step of the way, right down to which blog post to release when, and what to say in every email.
Watch this video: From Zero to $100k (with Product Launch Formula) – from Jeff Walker (13 mins 11 sec)
How does PLF works? – The idea behind launch stacking
The Product Launch Formula hinges on what Jeff’s calls launch stacking. You start from scratch and do what is called a seed launch. It’s not about doing a million dollars or anything like that, but you use a seed launch to create your product. And since you’re putting out good content, you start to build a list. Then you take the product that you set up in the seed launch and that small list you made so far.
Next up, you do an internal launch and put together your sideways sales letter. Because you’ve delivered some real value to get your people excited, you get some great word of mouth. All of a sudden, your list is growing even faster. You open your cart, and you get some nice sales. Because of your internal launch and the value you’ve built in your pre-launch content, you invariably catch the attention of some possible JV partners in your niche.
This should progress into a JV launch with just a couple of partners. Now, you’ve got some established people in your market telling their lists about you and just how excellent your content is. Now your list is would have started growing by the hour. Your open cart and your sales should be ten times what you did in your internal launch. You’ve got to pay affiliate commissions to your JV partners, but that’s not a problem because your results completely blow away what you achieved in your internal launch.
That is just a quick overview of launch stacking. The great thing is, it doesn’t end there because you would have picked up some new ideas for products to create and launch. Once you do this, your first launch is never going to be your last launch. The perfect scenario is to replicate the whole process over and over again.
What’s in Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula course?
- The Product Launch Formula Coaching Program, including nine full modules
- Email swipe copy, a targeted timeline, and checklists to help keep you on track, module by module.
- PLF Templates, Hot Seats, and Case Studies
- Jeff’s $7 million dollar Product Launch Swipe File
- Complete launch videos and scripts from launches in various markets, with full breakdowns by Jeff himself.
- Additional training on how to go beyond just launches, and build your entire business with your launches (The Business Launch Formula).
- Includes 12 months of follow-up Coaching Calls with Jeff’s Platinum Coaches
- 12-month access to Private Forum with Jeff, his Platinum Level Coaches, and his team
- The Facebook PLF Owners Alumni group – there’s pure gold in this group, and it’s where you can really tap into the community
- Jeff’s $6,967.00 bonus:
- Launching Your List
- Product Creation Code
- A ticket to LaunchCon 2019 – this is 3 days of the latest cutting-edge launch strategies from the real world
- Includes a ticket to the 3-day in-person “PLF Live” workshop (led personally by Jeff)
- + 8 valued bonuses including the “Live Launch” training, Your Tech Stack Quick Start, The Launch partnership and many others
Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula is for anyone who currently has an audience and business or who is looking to start a business.
- If you have a product and tried and failed before
- Have an idea for a product but don’t know how to sell it or find an audience
#6. How To Earn Money Through Blogging – Create a Coaching Program
You can easily start a signature coaching program. Remember that successful coaches don’t sell coaching, instead they sell a specific goal, tied to a specific result. For example, “At Astute Copy Blogging, I help bloggers blog better and make money blogging [GOAL], so they can live the life of their dreams [RESULT]”
To design and develop a coaching program that delivers results, I will suggest you follow these simple steps:
Step 1 – Study Your Market
Step 2 – Study the Competition
Step 3 – Identify One Problem and One Solution
Step 4 – Outline Your Program Content
Step 5 – Identify Your Tech
Step 6 – Choose Value-Add Items
Step 7 – Outsource as Needed
In terms of income, I would say most coaches offer two sessions per month, and the session time ranges from 45 – 60 minutes. New coaches that are just starting out would usually charge around $50 – $75 per session. More experienced coaches charge $100 – $500 per session. There are also coaches that charge by the package ($1,200 – $2,400).
In general, I would say the pricing for group coaching is roughly 30% of 1-1 coaching per person. So, if the investment for 1-1 coaching with you is $750 per month, then the per-person rate for group coaching would be $250 per month.
What Should I Blog About To Make Money?
It is important to realize from the onset that it isn’t every type of blog on the blog niche list that is profitable.
Here is the sad truth…
There are blog niches that will not make you any money.
As an astute blogger, your goal should be to identify blog niches that make money and blog topics that make the most money. You should be thinking, what kind of blogs get the most traffic and how do I make money blogging?
In choosing a niche, and in deciding what you should blog about to make money, be aware that people will generally only pay you for these 5 things:
- Helping them make money. This includes
- Assisting them to save money
- Helping them make more money
- Assisting them to have more time.
- Helping them lose weight, get into shape or have more energy.
- Assisting them get into a relationship, or helping them stay in a relationship
- Helping them with their children or pets
Tip: Want to make money blogging? Then in choosing what topics to blog about, don’t let your personal interests get in the way of what your audience need to hear.
Best Blog Hosting Sites To Earn Money Through Blogging
To make earn money through blogging, you need a fantastic web hosting company to host your blog. Here, we showcase the two best blog hosting sites to make money blogging even for beginners.
How Much Money Can A Blog Make?
Somebody asks, “how much can bloggers make?” It is certainly possible to make more money blogging than a 9 to 5 job!
In my view, the potential for professional blogger income is limitless. It all depends on you and the amount of hard work you’re prepared to put in. The highest paid bloggers make millions of dollars every year in blogging income.
In answer to the question, “how much do bloggers make on average?”, I would say there is no such thing as the average blog income. However, for those who do sponsored placements, the average blogger salary per post for an established blogger will be $500. Other than that, it is difficult to say what the average blogger salary is or what the blogger income average is.
Most Profitable Blogs In The World – Examples of Blogs that Make money
These are some of the top money making blogs; the top earning blogs in the world. Some of the most successful monetized blogs. The top blogs. While most bloggers may not get rich blogging, these blogs make millions of dollars in annual income.
|Examples of Blogs That Make Money||Niche||Estimated Annual Income|
|Smart Blogger||Blogging||$1 million|
|Huffington Post||News||$150 million|
|Smart Passive Income||Passive income||$2.2 million|
How To Earn Money Through Blogging: Wrapping Up – Your Turn
Here is your opportunity to join our conversation. Please tell us how much money you’re making from blogging. How do you make money blogging? In your honest opinion, how much money can you make from a blog and how much money can you make blogging?
Let me also ask you: how much money can you make from wordpress? And how much money do home decor bloggers make?
Read Some of Our Latest Articles
- Link Cloaking Guide for Beginners – Everything You Need to Know To Mask Links Effectively
- 38 Experts Reveal Best Keyword Research Tools For SEO In 2021 (Top 10 Leaderboard Included)
- How To Start Your Dropshipping Business Using Fiverr – Let The Pros Handle It For You
- How To Earn High Affiliate Income
- Best SEO Tips for Beginners and New Websites
- [Revealed] The 16 Top Email Marketing Best Practices for Beginners
Disclosure of material connection